- COVID 19 Protocol
Pacific Skydiving Covid-19 Risk Management Protocol
Pacific Skydiving Covid-19 Risk Management Protocol
WE WILL REQUIRE 100% COMPLIANCE. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS! IF YOU CANNOT ADHERE TO OUR COVID-19 PROTOCOL PLEASE DO NOT VISIT OUR FACILITY. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE AND/OR ACCESS TO OUR FACILITY TO ANYONE WE PERCEIVE IS SICK OR NOT FOLLOWING STATE OF HAWAII'S PROTOCOL - CLICK LINK BELOW.
Pacific Skydiving Covid-19 Policy for all Customers, Contractors and Staff:
To be on property at Pacific Skydiving you must fulfill the following requirements:
1) Persons who have had symptoms or who have tested positive for COVID-19:
• At least 10 days* have passed since symptom onset or testing positive and
• At least 24 hours have passed since resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
• Other symptoms have improved and
*A limited number of persons with severe illness may produce replication-competent virus beyond 10 days, that may warrant extending duration of isolation for up to 20 days after symptom onset.
2) Persons who do not have symptoms of Covid-19:
• Quarantine for 10 days following a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 or
• Provide proof of a Negative test result dated within the 7 days prior or
• Provide evidence of vaccination or
• Show a positive test result dated no more than one month prior and no less than 10 days prior
The safety of our staff, contractors and customers is our top priority.
Spectators are welcome in the spectator viewing area, but will not be allowed in the classroom or on the deck.
Everyone will be required to wear a mask covering their mouth and nose while inside or when 6ft social distancing cannot be maintained. Medical masks, neck buffs or bandanas are considered sufficient. Everyone is encouraged to bring their own face mask, neck buff or bandana; however we will have masks available for purchase.
Everyone coming to Pacific Skydiving (THIS INCLUDES ALL MANAGEMENT AND STAFF!) will need to enter in the main parking lot. Signs will direct you to the pre-screening check in station at the Manifest/Check-in windows.
A staff member will provide you with a screening questionnaire and a release of liability waiver.
For contact tracing purposes EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE AND SIGN THESE DOCUMENTS DAILY. THIS INCLUDES MANAGEMENT, STAFF, FUN JUMPERS, TANDEM STUDENTS AND SPECTATORS. Your temperature will then be taken.
A “yes” answer to any of the questions or a temperature ABOVE 100 degrees will be reason for not being allowed entry.
When your screening is complete you will be given a wrist band allowing you entry for that day only.
● All high-use surfaces will be cleaned with a bleach solution nightly and throughout the day.
● Restrooms will be cleaned with a bleach solution nightly and throughout the day.
● Everyone will be REQUIRED to wear a mask covering their mouth and nose while inside or when 6ft social distancing cannot be maintained.
● When possible 6ft social distancing will be required.
● High-fives, hugging, fist bumps and any unnecessary touching is highly discouraged.
● Hand washing for at least 20 seconds with hot water and soap before and after each jump, before and after manifesting, and after packing your parachute is strongly encouraged.
● Hand sanitizer stations will be provided and available around the building.
● When possible use a barrier to prevent direct contact with shared surfaces.
PRECAUTIONS FOR STAFF:
● All staff is encouraged to frequently wash hands for 20 seconds with hot water and soap.
● All instructors will wear a full-face helmet.
● All instructors will wear a mask covering their nose and mouth while training students, gearing up students, in the loading area and on the ride to altitude.
● All instructors will wash or sanitize their hands before and after working with each student.
● Packers will wash or sanitize their hands between each pack job.
PRECAUTIONS FOR TANDEM AND AFF STUDENTS:
● Hand washing will be required.
● If jumpsuits are needed, they will be used once and then laundered.
● A face mask will always be required when 6ft social distancing cannot be maintained, we will have some available for purchase.
● Goggles and helmets will be cleaned between each use.
● AFF students will use the same helmet, goggles, jumpsuit and altimeter each day.
● Tandem students will wear a buff while in freefall.
It is impractical to operate the aircraft with 6ft distance and 10 skydivers, therefore we are operating our Grand Caravan’s with a 14 jumper maximum.
● Interior of each plane will be cleaned each morning before operations.
● Seatbelts, exit bars, and door will be wiped down each morning and several times throughout the day.
● Hand sanitizer will be used before boarding the plane.
● Everyone in the plane will wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth.
● Pilot will disinfect cockpit.
Transportation from and to Waikiki is suspended.
If you discover that you have contracted COVID-19 and have been to Pacific Skydiving in the prior 14 days please contact us immediately at [email protected] or 808-637-7472. We will follow up with contact tracing efforts by notifying other jumpers you were on the plane with that day. You’re name will not be released by Pacific Skydiving.
DESPITE THE SAFETY PROTOCOL WE HAVE IMPLEMENTED, PACIFIC SKYDIVING CENTER CANNOT GUARANTEE YOUR PROTECTION.
IF YOU CANNOT ACCEPT THE RISK, DESPITE ALL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS TAKEN THEN PLEASE DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN SKYDIVING ACTIVITIES OR VISIT OUR FACILITY.
SKYDIVING IS A CLOSE CONTACT SPORT. PHYSICAL DISTANCING IS NOT POSSIBLE. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY TO THE EXPOSURE AND RISK OF CONTRACTING COVID-19.